The Gates of Your Imagination



I never thought there could be more to the world than what I was seeing myself. That was a pretty shallow view. Most of us have a pretty vivid imagination as children, but then the world has its way of pruning that back and making us less dreamy and far more productive. 

{I think that stinks, we can be both dreamy and productive!}

Once I started creating regularly again and really diving into play and taking chances, my imagination started waking up more and more. Taking big stretches, more and more I began to see the world with awe and wonder. 

As I created this piece in my playful way, I couldn't help think - what would happen if everyone allowed themselves to walk through those gates and reopened all the wonder their imaginations have for them? 

Are you willing?



I chose the beautiful "Butterfly Gate" chipboard from Scrapaholics as my focal point and painted the set in soft tones of turquoise, coral and tan acrylics with a dry brush. 

Using a dry brush while painting these beautiful chipboards is a favorite technique to add distressed touches of color and blend it all nicely. 


Sprays of flowers from 49 + Market and a few from the Recollections brand at Michaels soften it all up. The florals are touched with some microbeads for added texture. 


It should be no surprise to you that I love butterflies. They represent change, transformation and growth so I had to add Monarch Butterfly (Scrapaholics). I offset this painted chipboard atop a gorgeous vellum embossed butterfly diecut from Vicki Boutin's "Storyteller Collection". 

Thanks for taking a peek at this canvas with me, it was a joy to create and I hope it inspires you to follow your imagination where it will take you. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts