Open Hearts + Possibilities: Lesson Learned


Several months ago I was reading a book that discussed how we interact with others in our day to day. So many of us rush about in our plans toward the next thing that when the unexpected arises it leaves us frustrated, annoyed and put out. 

I am so guilty of this. 

For so long I was a "yes" person to a fault and needed to establish some healthy boundaries. Instead I took a swing to the "hard no" side. Saying no and putting my blinders on to anything inconvenient became too easy.

Too often have I rushed someone through a parking lot chat at the grocery store because getting home was just such a big deal or because I had more errands to run and just wanted to be finished. I hit ignore on my phone more than I answered and just wouldn't deal with anyone outside of my planned bubble. 

What if we embraced everyday interruptions - unexpected visits, "random" run-ins at the local grocery store, a friend needing a talk to vent or someone just reaching out for advice that we may feel we really don't have the time for? Or even just calling someone on the phone to check in, even if we aren't phone people...that was me, too. Now I look forward to random cold calls! 

What if we accepted spontaneous invitations that we could fit in, but aren't really "in the mood" for? 



It hit me so hard. Like I said, too often I have been that rushing person with my own agenda and not one too willing to go off course from it. But how many opportunities have I missed by staying in my {proverbial} lane all the time? 

 Surely we would engage more meaningfully, sow more seeds of truth and encouragement, offer more love - and who knows what else.

Simply giving more of our time would give more of us to others... and that could do so much. 

My eyes have been opened to watch more closely for the unexpected and everyday opportunities that pop up. I've learned to practice being present in each moment and notice what and who is going on around me. Don't get me wrong, I still get busy and rush. But in this busy and so individualistic world I just feel that we would all be better to embrace the interruptions, have a more open heart and expect the fullness of all of the possibilities in that. 

Here are some more shots of all the beautiful details in these tags - I cannot wait for the right person to find these beauties and gift them or make a home for them themselves. 









Now, as for these tags...

The ingredients:

Petaloo flowers
 (discontinued, but you may be able to find some of these beauties on Etsy or Amazon! I hate that they did away with these!)

Wood veneer words by Heidi Swapp
(also older, but a google shopping search could help - they're bouncy, feminine and just perfect!)

Scrapaholics Chipboard - Leafy Flourish Set 2
I left these raw - the warm tan look did well to add some nature to the piece's brightness

Craft Moss
From the Dollar Tree or any craft store. Embroidery thread also works wonders under flowers and elements to add some texture and interest!

Resin casted flowers
Resin - Amazing Casting Resin in White


The paper foundation is from my stash and I have no idea what brand or collection! Any vintage toned floral patterned paper or cardstock would work though. Go check the selections at your local craft shop or Scrapbook.com



 

Comments

Popular Posts