Trust the Journey


Have you ever had the seed of a dream planted deep in your heart and decided to go for it? You work hard to make it happen and then find yourself down the road unsure if it's meant to be.

You come up against challenges you didn't see from the starting point, new lessons to learn and hurdles to jump over. 

Above all, you set expectations of how long it should take to feel successful and when reality doesn't match up, find yourself comparing your journey to the journey of others around you or from afar. 

Maybe you're just tired and feel it's time to give up. 


I was thinking about you when I created this piece because - guess what? 

I've been there, too. 

I want you to remember - your purpose is tightly woven into your dreams. I don't believe any of this is accidental. 

You are not a failure. 

At times we do force ourselves down the wrong path, but when you feel a passion burning inside of you - really feel it - there is nothing accidental about that. I believe that more often we start down the right path and take a wrong turn somewhere. 

When I began Candle & Mirror Creative it was never really part of any plan I had envisioned for myself, but arose from a sequence of experiences and events that I know God put me on. While I never thought it would be easy, I can admit that I never imagined many of the challenges I've come up against. 

Reach. Followers. Keeping up on social media. Algorithms. Website coding. Cost. Blegh

{I mean, am I right or am I right?}

On this journey, though, it has taken a constant re-grounding of myself in my passion - we aren't separate by any means. This is definitely my thing. In that I have to constantly reassess how this all began and why I stepped into this purpose to begin with, as well as where things got screwed up and how to right myself on the narrow path I'd like to be on.  

And I need to remember that all good things take time

Say it with me. 

"All good things take time."

The truth of the matter is you are probably where you are supposed to be. These lessons you are learning, the obstacles you come against are opportunities to be stronger. Think back on the hard things you've done before and come out on the other side of - it took time, didn't it? 

You had to move through it. Good things can't be rushed or it can get really messy. 

You're going to make it. Stay the course, trust the process, reassess what you need to and keep going. 

I believe in you.  





For Creatives: 

Project Details


  • Canvas created from an unfinished wood frame from Michael's, center reinforced with heavy chipboard fitted and cut to frame opening. 
  • Floral collage elements from 49 and Market Vintage Artistry collection.
  • Roman clock corner flourish and "Trust" sentiment from Scrapaholics
  • Flowers from Prima Marketing Frank Garcia "Darcelle" collection. 





 



Comments

Popular Posts