Collect Beautiful Moments

 

I say often that my art is meant for someone. It isn't meant to sit in my space or linger for very long. Don't get me wrong, some pieces I fall in love with and cannot let go of because the emotion was so heavy and the reminders of it so vital. 

Usually, though, I am eager to let it out into the world to see who its owner is going to be. 

This piece was just that way with such a special impact. 


My good friend, Tess, lost her mother a few years ago quite tragically. It was a traumatic experience and the weight of the trauma and loss will surely stay with her and her family for some time. While I knew of the loss, I created this playfully last summer not thinking anything about that sad situation. 

The beautiful dream catcher chipboard (available here) sang hues of warm coral and turquoise to me. Painting the background and adding texture was a joy and adorning the piece with mixed florals and stones tied it all together. 

I'm not much into dreamcatchers, honestly; while I respect the meaning, I just don't believe in catching dreams. I do, however, believe in collecting moments and storing them as memories to carry with us in our lives. 

Even the tiny, seemingly insignificant ones matter. 


As I always do, I posted this on social media when it was complete, not thinking much of it. If someone didn't want it I could just bring it to the shop! Almost immediately, though, my dear friend found it on her newsfeed and knew it was hers. 

She poured over it, she cried. Memories of her mom came flooding and all of those beautiful moments they collected together over the years gathered up in this small piece of artwork I had created. 

It was hers. 

While it wasn't created for her, it was created for her. I think it's a beautiful thing when God puts something on our hearts to share with the world and it translates for that one special person it was meant for. 

Tess, I'm so glad it found you. I hope it continues to have a special place in your home and in your heart! 




Comments

Popular Posts